Friday, July 28, 2006

Anxiety Disorder?

This really should not be bothering me, but it seems to be inevitable.

My parents have decided to start their own dry cleaning business. Needless to say, I support them all the way, and will gladly help as much as I can. The problem is that, financially, the business is too ambitious of a gamble. For ten years, my family has saved up slowly to gather a large amount. However it turns out that in order to start the business, we would need double of what we have, and to run the business, we will need to spend the same amount we saved up for ten years... every month. So, let me assure you, the situation we are facing, or we seem to be facing, is quite grim. Like I said, it's a gamble.

Now, what does that mean for a senior hoping to succeed in the world of struggle known as academia which is also acknowledged as... college? Another set of incredible gamble. Not only must I fight to gain scholarships and school loans, but if I cannot provide for atleast partially for tuition, how can I say this... I'm fucked?

Of course, there are more serious and bigger things to worry about, but I must leave some room for my life. Let's just say that, I'm not going through an easy time as of now, and I surely will be going through hell for the next year or two... or maybe five to ten. I may be stressing out too much, but I only worry for my family and household stability. I just don't want to go through what i had to 10 years ago when we moved across the country to start a new life with nothing more than a hundred dollar bill. We can't do that again.

This article wasn't written to really make a point. Just saying that I'm a nervous wreck right now. thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home